Versatile Bamboo Fencing
One great thing about bamboo fencing is that it can be easily attached to pre-existing fencing! Bamboo fencing can be attached to existing chain fence, existing wooden fence, and even block/brick walls. Bamboo fencing is a great way to freshen up old fencing and add a new look to your backyard or any perimeter. New fencing can easily spruce up your home or business and covers unsightly holes or tears in the old fencing. Holes or any spaces in fencing can compromise privacy so adding bamboo fencing will help with that.
Bamboo fencing is durable and will add a clean look to your space. Bamboo fencing comes in distinct colors of natural, black, mahogany, retro-blend, and natural burnt. Our most popular styles are the natural, black and mahogany for its versatile looks. The look of bamboo can range from beachy and tropical to chic and contemporary.
Install bamboo fencing for your home or business today with these easy instructions!
Installation on Existing Chain Link Fence
Pliers, Diagonal Cutter, Tie Wire (14-16 gauges galvanized)
- 1. Have helper straighten out the bamboo roll to eliminate any kinks.
- 2. Have helper hold bamboo roll against chain link fence to ensure that bamboo roll is level and one inch above the ground. (helpful hint- set bamboo on top of one inch thick scrap piece of lumber)
- 3. Attach bamboo roll to chain link fence with galvanized steel tie wire every twelve inches altering top to bottom. Make sure that the fence is straight and level. Trim excess wire.
- 4. Enjoy your beautiful, tropical, eco-friendly bamboo fence!
Installation on Existing Wooden Fence
Cordless Drill, Level, Tapered drill bit with countersink attachment, Wood Screws (2”-2½”)
- 1. Check that existing wood posts are secure and free of rot.
- 2. Have helper hold flattened bamboo roll against either side of the existing fence. Raise bamboo roll 1'' above ground level if necessary (alleviates soaking up moisture).
- 3. Pre-drill bamboo poles, then attach bamboo roll beginning at either top corner of existing fence (you can attach it to either the 2x4 or the wood fence panel).
- 4. Alternate top to bottom every 12''.
- 5. Enjoy your beautiful, tropical, eco-friendly bamboo fence!
Installation on Block/Brick Wall
Cordless Drill, Level, Tapered drill bit with countersink attachment,Treated Lumber, Deck Screw, Topcon System (or similar)
- 1. Attach 2x4 near top and bottom of wall utilizing either your PAT, or Topcon system. Make sure the horizontal rail is level and flush with the wall (remove excess mortar prior to installation).
- 2. Have a helper hold flattened bamboo roll against horizontal rails. Pre-drill the bamboo poles with a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the deck screw (this protects the bamboo from cracking or splitting). Fasten bamboo roll onto horizontal tails at 12'' increments. Alternate top to keep fence straight and level.
- 3. Enjoy your beautiful, tropical, eco-friendly bamboo fence!